Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Sometimes When You Lose, You Win

 

As I move each day towards making some sense of the world, I am reminded of one of my favorite movie lines…”sometimes when you win, you lose” which was followed later on by “sometimes when you lose, you win”. And that is kind of the hope in this life…that it will all balance out in the end. When I think of some of my greatest wins in life, there is always the hint of loss in the background. I may have gotten what I thought I wanted, but what had to die in order for me to get there? The wins aren’t always as sweet as they could be in my life because I realize that there is always sacrifice involved. On the flip side, in the valleys of life which seem littered with losses, victory seems like it is just within reach. Because out of some of my greatest losses, there has been new growth and new beginnings.  It is just a matter of remembering that life is a balance.

No comments: