Friday, November 21, 2014

Represent


Every day I walk out of my home or car I am representing someone or something. It may be myself, my husband, my kids, my faith, a school, a sports team...I could go on and on. I think I have always taken for granted that I would fairly represent or be fairly represented, but that isn't true. People will jump to conclusions quickly and will formulate opinions based on just a few seconds of conversation. I already struggle enough to come out of my shell without having to factor in that people are continually evaluating me. Which brings up another dichotomy in my life. I constantly say that there is no one that truly knows me or would want to and then I get annoyed because people assume they know me and jump to uninformed conclusions even though they really have no idea who I am. It is just one more reason I would much rather be living on a desert island.

No comments: