Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Don't Feel, Just Deal

... Milan and Kay Yerkovich Speaking on Marriage & New Book How We Love
 
This book may be the end of me. I'm good at stuffing and dealing.  I manage my emotions.  Heck, I manage OTHERS emotions. For the most part, I can say life is good on any given day.  It isn't perfect, but I can step back and get perspective rather quickly. There is always a thread of melancholy, but I typically chalk that up to my introversion. But now...we started reading this book with a few other people and I find myself pissed off quite a bit. If there wasn't the accountability to follow through, I would have thrown it across the room weeks ago.  The "homework" for this week was to try and figure out our "love style"...whatever that means. Because after taking the quiz, it wasn't an ambiguous answer (13/14 answers) but rather a glaring microscope in to how I am wired...only this book isn't about wiring as much as it is about imprinting and the way we learned to cope based on our childhoods. I know in the long run it is good for me to have this knowledge and to have the tools to try and work towards a healthier way of existing, but right now it just feels uncomfortable and I'd much rather avoid dealing with it. Any guesses as to my results?

1 comment:

Mike Fritch said...

This book is challenging but a great book. It helps you understand who you are and where you came from. Very challenging for sure, but worth it. Keep it coming!