Sunday, November 9, 2014

Deep Thoughts

 

As I left the Seahawks game today, ticket in hand, my first stop was not the restroom, but rather the closest 7-11. I was anxious to claim my beef jerky and free Slurpee. So from this endeavor came an observation...why did I NEED the Slurpee when it is in the low 50s and I'm freezing? I promptly got a Starbucks to ward off the brain freeze. But in mind it is absolutely reasonable to chase a frozen drink with a hot coffee, right?

The other entertaining part of the story is that yesterday we did a Pay It Forward in the Starbucks drive thru. My kids loved it and my husband looked at me like I had lost my mind. Apparently this wasn't something he had ever done before and he claimed that he had NEVER been the recipient. I didn't want to make him feel too bad, but clearly he had some bad mojo going on. The hilarious part...as we are in 7-11 getting our free swag (which is a small Slurpee and bag of beef jerky) the guy at the counter says, "get a big one, get whatever you want, it is on me". I attribute this to two things...maybe three.

1. A Hawk's win
2. Good mojo from yesterday's pay it forward
3. God wanting to show the husband that blessings can come in many forms...including Slurpees.

2 comments:

.Kathy Coco said...

Love this! Please keep putting these posts of facebook!

smelleck said...

That story has happy written all over it! Muah!